[mpich-discuss] Fatal error in MPI_Init

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 31 15:30:44 CST 2011

Hi,
 Good to know MPICH2 is working for you now.
 Typically Infiniband adapters allow you to run TCP/IP apps above IB (They support TCP/IP sockets). Looking at the error message that you got it looked like the particular Infiniband adapter did not provide a service provider for TCP/IP apps. Anyway, good to know it is working for you now.
 The next release of MPICH2 will include a channel (nd) that supports IB (mpiexec -n 2 -channel nemesis:nd mympipgm.exe would work). You might want to try that out.

Regards,
Jayesh