[mpich-discuss] run mpich2 without password

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 27 10:41:29 CST 2011

Hi,
 If one is launching all MPI processes on the same machine, ideally you shouldn't have to provide a username/password. Unfortunately there is some legacy code that works with Windows registry entries that need to be modified for the same. Since this is a low priority item for us I am not sure when it will get done.
 You might also want to consider using MPICH2 from Cygwin (download MPICH2 source, configure/make/make install). You don't need to register any Windows passwords when you run MPICH2 from Cygwin (since the default process manager is Hydra - not SMPD).

Regards,
Jayesh