[mpich-discuss] MPICH2-1.3.1 libmpich.a: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `mpifcmb2_' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

Sunil Thomas sgthomas27 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 22:24:08 CST 2011

Just to follow-up on this issue; I resolved it by linking instead against
the dynamic library
libmpich.so (shared objects files). I am configuring this entirely with
cmake and it could
very well be that I am not specifying the right things in the cmake file
(but I still feel the
previous version should work, using the static libs).

Any further thoughts on this will be appreciated..

--Sunil.