[mpich-discuss] MPICH with mingw gcc

Martin Helmer martin.helmer at masterofscience.at
Fri Feb 25 17:01:21 CST 2011

Dear Jayesh,

I found the following discussion:
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2009-May/004883.html

Which deals with the same problem I am facing now (undefined reference).

I am working with Windows 7 64bit and it seems that you have added the
static UNIX libraries (*.a) to the 64 bit binaries in the meantime. But I
still get the undefined reference problem with the 64 bit version.

In your post you recommend to use the 32bit binaries. I tried to download
and install them, but it seems that the 2 files "libmpi.a" and
"libfmpich2g.a" from the MPICH2 Windows IA32 (binary) version MPICH2-1.3.2p1
are corrupt, since they have 0 bytes.

Could you please fix this problem?

Best regards

Martin