[mpich-discuss] mpi environment variables

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 23 13:20:39 CST 2011

On Feb 21, 2011, at 11:23 PM CST, SHEETAL MALU wrote:

>                       I would like to know how to set environment variables for any mpi program.That is how to set eager limit for mpi program related to msgsize.

There currently is no environment variable to control this.  If you want to hack on the code a little bit you can search for MPIDI_CH3_EAGER_MAX_MSG_SIZE and adjust that value.  However, be aware that this constant won't affect the eager message size for shared memory communication when using ch3:nemesis, which is controlled elsewhere (see mpid_nem_init.c:455).

-Dave