[mpich-discuss] Processes involved in a MPI communicator.

James Dinan dinan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 23 08:26:02 CST 2011

Hi Matches,

You can use MPI_Comm_group() to get the groups (MPI groups are
essentially the process sets that communicators are built on) for the
communicators in question.  These groups can then be compared through
operations like MPI_Group_compare() or MPI_Group_intersection().

If you are interested in the names of each rank, you may find
MPI_Get_processor_name() helpful().

Best,
 ~Jim.

PS- Info on these operations: