[mpich-discuss] System call and Connection refused

Tiago Soares tistesoa at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 20:10:00 CST 2011

Dear All

I'm face with a problem that I can't  imagine  why it is happening.
Probably  it is not a MPI problem, but I will be grateful for any help.

Basically, I have a Client, which is a master(rank 0) of mpi application,
and Server (all programming in C), which they communicate by sockets.
When I run the both separated, I mean in different shells , works fine.

But, when I made the Server call the Client (by the function "system()"),
I received this error:
"Connect: Connection refused"

I'm wondering what is the different between the both running methods,
permission?

Regards

Tiago

--