[mpich-discuss] ROMIO compiler warnings

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 18 14:50:59 CST 2011

On Feb 17, 2011, at 1:20 PM CST, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Here's a typical set of build flags:
>
> -g -Wall -Wundef -Wno-long-long -Wsign-compare -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes -Wcomment -pedantic -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -finline-functions -fno-strict-aliasing -pthread -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAVE_ROMIOCONF_H
>
> Does this help?

Yeah, this helps.  It looks like the warnings are primarily coming from "-pedantic".  Unfortunately, "-pendantic" is, well, pedantic.  I find that many of the warnings (not ones that you pasted) are beyond obnoxious and extremely annoying/ugly to satisfy.  That's why we don't really ever build with it enabled.

I've created a ticket for following up on this, but unless RobL or someone else gets the time to tackle it, it probably won't get fixed for a while: https://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/ticket/1438

-Dave