[mpich-discuss] MPI_Recv crashes with mpd ring

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 15 21:21:03 CST 2011

On Feb 15, 2011, at 5:52 PM CST, Jain, Rohit wrote:

> I had 1.2.1p1 built locally. So, I tried that. It also gave me same fatal error. I will try newer version, but I am less hopeful.

There's a good chance that there is a bug in your code, since 1.0.6 was not fundamentally a broken version of MPICH2.  However, it is important for you to use a fairly recent version so that we can rule out the ~3-4 years of bugs that have been fixed since 1.0.6 was released.  Also, error messages and debugging facilities are typically only improved in later versions of MPICH2, which could help you track down your problem.  You should attempt to debug your program in all of the usual ways, such as by enabling core dumps or running valgrind on your program.

> I am trying to use hydra (mpiexec.hydra) with 1.2.1.p1, but getting some startup errors:
>
> The authenticity of host ‘XXX' can't be established.
> RSA key fingerprint is ed:ce:ca:7b:08:b9:49:fd:f6:af:14.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
> The authenticity of host ‘XXX2' can't be established.
> RSA key fingerprint is fb:1b:7b:0c:bb:b1:a6:b1:7d:dc:05.
>
> Any pointers how to resolve them?

See Pavan's mail for some tips here.

-Dave