[mpich-discuss] undefined symbol: MPIR_Thread

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Mon Feb 7 15:14:29 CST 2011

Anthony Chan wrote:
> What mechanism does CCSM use to launch the various climate models, e.g. POP ?

Hi Anthony, Matthias

Anthony:
It is now SPMD, a sigle executable (cesm.exe).
(Older versions were MPMD.)

Matthias:
Did you do 'ldd cesm.exe'?
What is the output?
Maybe I missed it, I saw only your 'ldd mpiexec' posted here.

I wonder if the use of NetCDF4 could be the problem,
via a dependency on HDF5 libraries,
and perhaps a dependency on an yet unnamed version of MPI,
if parallel IO was enabled there.

Did you try cesm with Netcdf3?
Works for me.

My two cents,