[mpich-discuss] mpich2 with ifort and -i8 -r8

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 4 14:41:17 CST 2011

Rajeev Thakur wrote:
> I think you will need to pass the same options to the Intel C compiler if it can be done.
>
> Rajeev
>
> On Feb 4, 2011, at 1:08 PM, Pierre-Olivier Dallaire wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to compile mpich2 with Fortran support and also with options "-i8 -r8" for the
>> ifort compiler (intel) / however, I'm getting this :
>>
>> configure: error: Fortran integers and C ints are not the same size.  The current Fortran binding does not support this case.  Either force the Fortran compiler to use integers of 4 bytes, or use --disable-f77 on the configure line for MPICH2.
>>
>> Trying to disable f77 does not work / is there anything else I can do ? I absolutely need to convert
>> the real and integers.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> PO

Hi Rajeev

Just a question while you are at it.

Which size will the MPICH2 MPI_INT[EGER] type
(and address integers, MPI_AINT) will have if one
compiles MPICH2 with -i8?
Four bytes?
Eight bytes?
Other?

I.e., can one effectively increase the MPI[CH2] send/recv buffer sizes
and addressable memory from 4-bytes to 8-bytes by compiling MPICH2
with -i8?

Thank you,
Gus Correa