[mpich-discuss] DataType Problem

Michele Rosso michele.rosso84 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 12:24:34 CST 2011

Hi Jim,

thanks for your replay.
Well, I discovered that my program crashed when I attempted to free the
data-types 'cause I used the following invocation:

call mpi_type_free(datatype)

instead of the correct one:

call mpi_type_free(datatype,ierr)

Also, I solved the problem of the error message "pending request".
I was using incorrect sizes for the send and receive buffers. Still, I
wonder why I did not receive the error message saying that.

Then, I have no more problems. Thanks for your help.
I got a final question: can you suggest me a good tutorial for parallel
debugging? I know that a lot of people uses gdb(or ddd) for such purpose
but I am not able to have it work. I do not need something powerful, but
an easy tool just for simple checking of variables.

Best,

Michele