[mpich-discuss] Fatal error in MPI_Init

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 3 09:47:35 CST 2011

Hi,
 You can run your MPI jobs across Windows and Linux machines. However you need to make sure that the machines are homogeneous (The same architecture - or more precisely follow the same data model).
 The only process manager available on Windows is SMPD. The default process manager available with MPICH2 on Unix is Hydra.
 Try reconfiguring MPICH2 on Unix with the SMPD process manager (./configure ... --with-pm=smpd ...) and let us know if it works for you.

(PS: Please also make sure that you have Windows and Linux binaries available on the respective nodes.)
Regards,
Jayesh