[mpich-discuss] Specify ssh username?

Barnet Wagman b.wagman at comcast.net
Tue Feb 1 12:55:52 CST 2011

Is there a way to explicitly specify the username that ssh uses (in an
mpiexec, for example)?  I haven't been able to find anything about this
in the documentation or the mailing list archive.

With a default mpich2 installation on a Linux system, mpiexec appears to
use value of $USER when it connects to a host via ssh. I'd like to be
able to specify this explicitly.  I've tried using a an ssh style
user/host string (e.g. some_user at some_host) in the machinefile, but this
generates an error.

thanks