[mpich-discuss] Using __float128 with MPI_Accumulate()?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Dec 25 23:33:51 CST 2011

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 21:37, Pavan Balaji <balaji at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> I meant predefined datatype, not OP.  I believe the limitation in this
> particular case is not the operations, just the datatypes, anyway.

Yes, exactly. Is there anything I can do to help move this forward?

We have had support for __float128 for about a year in PETSc and we can
demonstrate applications where it is critical. I have some new parallel
primitives that we would like to use more extensively in PETSc, but the
most efficient (lowest setup cost) implementation relies on
MPI_Accumulate().