[mpich-discuss] Mpich2 1.5a2

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 21 08:55:08 CST 2011

On Dec 21, 2011, at 8:11 AM CST, Dave Goodell wrote:

> On Dec 21, 2011, at 6:53 AM CST, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen wrote:
>
>> A few questions about MPICH 1.5a2:
>>
>> 1) Have the manpages disappeared?
>
> Hmm... they don't appear to be in the tarball.  That's not intended.  I'll figure out why that is and either update the tarball or cut a new 1.5a3 release.

That was a fib.  They are in the tarball, but I was looking for them in the wrong place.  They are in "mpich2-1.5a2/man".  We appear to be missing the "man1" manpages (for mpiexec and friends), which is a bug.  We also aren't installing these manpages (there's just no rule for it right now), which is a bug.

>> 2) It seems that the PDF file user.pdf is not installed into /usr/share/doc/mpich2 anymore? Same for files in www/. Were they previously installed automatically into /usr/share/doc/mpich2 ?
>
> I think this issue is related to question (1).

These are all just missing installation rules.  In the interim you can probably just use the man pages from 1.4.1p1.

Thanks for letting us know.

-Dave