[mpich-discuss] Problem using mpi_type_create_f90_integer

Thomas Jahns jahns at dkrz.de
Tue Dec 20 02:25:58 CST 2011

Hello Dave,

On 12/19/2011 08:49 PM, Dave Goodell wrote:
> On Dec 19, 2011, at 10:22 AM CST, Dave Goodell wrote:

>>> See the first attachment.
>>
>> Hmm... this file seems OK to me and I can't seem to reproduce this (WITH_BUG1) locally with ifort.  I'll try again with NAG and get back to you.
>
> I think you're hitting this previously resolved bug: http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/mpich2/ticket/1527
>
> You should be able to patch your MPICH2 source with the linked change (r9009).  Alternatively it will be available if you use a nightly tarball that I linked to previously.

since both are bugs I might encounter on systems in production now, I've decided
to not use mpi_type_create_f90* and go for MPI_INTEGER4 and MPI_INTEGER8 only.
Thanks for digging out the references.

Regards, Thomas
--
Thomas Jahns
DKRZ GmbH, Department: Application software

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum
Bundesstraße 45a
D-20146 Hamburg

Phone: +49-40-460094-151