[mpich-discuss] Hydra handling of non-zero exit codes (1.3.2, 1.4rc2)

Yauheni Zelenko zelenko at cadence.com
Thu Apr 28 17:02:22 CDT 2011

Hi!

Our application could return non-zero exit codes as flag to launching script to make some further post-processing.

Hydra prints "BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR PROCESSES".

I think will be good idea to add command line option to Hydra to allow non-zero exit codes and don't change them if all of them are same from all MPI processes.

Problem may be reproduced with any MPICH2 example by returning non-zero from main().

I also think will be good idea to print exit codes in Hydra verbose output.

Eugene.