[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 on Windows 7

A BCD noniabcd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:50:44 CDT 2011

Thanks a lot Jayesh! I unistalled MPICH2 and reinstalled it from the command
line. I also ran wmpiregister from the command line (passed windows
domain\username and password) and ran mpixec from the command line too
(passed "behappy") at the command prompt but got the following error
message. Any pointers will be very helpful!

Best Regards,
Noni

C:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin>mpiexec.exe -n 1
C:\Dev-Cpp\Projects\FirstShot\First_Shot.exe
Please specify an authentication passphrase for smpd:
Unable to connect to 'AGR-2104-SMWLT:8676', sock error: generic socket
failure, error stack:
MPIDU_Sock_post_connect(1228): unable to connect to AGR-2104-SMWLT on port
8676,  exhausted all endpoints (errno -1)
MPIDU_Sock_post_connect(1275): unable to connect to AGR-2104-SMWLT on port
8676,  No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused it. (er rno 10061)