[mpich-discuss] Funky MPI_File_write_at Parameters

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Tue Apr 12 08:54:44 CDT 2011

The offset is likely 8 bytes, not 4 (it depends on the MPI
implementation and file system environment), and the write buffer must
be non-null unless a datatype with an absolute address is used.  My
guess is that the offset is 8 bytes, and that is throwing off the
interpretation of the traceback.

Bill