[mpich-discuss] Running MPIEXEC on Windows 7

Alan L Flint aflint at usgs.gov
Mon Apr 11 16:38:34 CDT 2011

I have been successfully running all my parallel codes on Windows NT. I've
had one computer converted to Windows 7 and cannot get mpiexec to run even
the simple cpi example.  My command in an Adminstrator MS-DOS prompt is:

mpiexec -n 4 cpi

I get back the following error:

Error while connecting to host, No connection could be made because the
target machine actively refused it. (10061)
Connect on sock (host=igswcawwws1889.gs.doi.net, port=8676) failed,
exhaused all end points
Unable to connect to 'igswcawwws1889.gs.doi.net:8676',
sock error: Error = -1

I've also run it using wmpiexec and get the same result.  I've allow
mpiexec and cpi to run under the Windows firewall so I'm not sure what to
look for in Windows 7.

Thanks.

Alan