[mpich-discuss] shm and 1-copy approaches

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 28 10:25:29 CDT 2010

Yes, the shm and ssm channels have been replaced by the Nemesis channel, which should perform much better.

We don't support the ptrace method but we do now have support for knem, which is a linux kernel module that allows us to do 1-copy transfers between processes on the same node.  You can find knem in the mpich source tree under contrib/knem.  There's more info here: http://runtime.bordeaux.inria.fr/knem/

-d