[mpich-discuss] All the outputs are coming on the root node

Akshey Jawa aksheyjawa at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 08:31:07 CDT 2010

Hi,

I am new to MPI. I have written a program to run different instances of a
simulator on different nodes of a cluster(with each node running a single
instance). The problem is that the output of the different instances of the
simulator(which are running on different nodes) is being shown on the node
with rank 0. Due to this, I am not able to find out that which lines of the
output belong to which instance. Can you please help me out? Is it possible
to have the rank of the node prefixed to each line of the output which the
node sends to the root node? Please note that I want the output while the
simulation is going on and that too preferably on the root node itself
(otherwise I can simply redirect the output to a file while running the
simulator).

Thanks n regards,
Akshey