[mpich-discuss] Windows 7 64 problems with credentials (tried many things)

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 7 12:12:15 CDT 2010

Hi,
 I just verified that MPICH2 1.3rc2(x86_64 version) works without any errors on 64-bit Windows 7 professional (running as a VM on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server) with 1/4 virtual processors.
 I installed MPICH2 using an admin command prompt (msiexec /i mpich2-1.3rc2-win-x86-64.msi) and allowed exception for smpd when windows firewall popped up during the installation.
 Uninstall MPICH2 1.2.1p1 and install the latest 1.3rc2 version and let us know if that works.
 Do you have any special settings for your VM ? Can you give us more details on the setup (host machine, virtual machine settings)?

Regards,
Jayesh