[mpich-discuss] Hydra SIGTSTP (Ctrl+Z) handling

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 30 21:48:58 CST 2010

On 11/30/2010 08:00 PM, Yauheni Zelenko wrote:
> Why signals could not be trapped in Hydra without relaying to
> launchers (child processes if I'm correct) in default way? Then it's
> only matter of transferring signals to proxies via socket.

Passing the signals to the proxy is not a problem. Not relaying it to
the launchers is the problematic part -- maybe I'm missing something
straightforward here, but I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Hydra's mpiexec forks a process, which internally execvp's SSH. MPIEXEC
catches SIGINT and deals with it. However, SSH also catches SIGINT and
closes all its sockets. I want to avoid the latter part. Is there a good
way to do this?

  -- Pavan