[mpich-discuss] Issue with Slurm / Hydra

Vienne Jérôme viennej at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Nov 24 12:32:17 CST 2010

Hi,

I have actually an issue when I want to use mpich2 1.3.1 with hydra and slurm.
I configured mpich2 using the following command:
./configure --with-hydra-bss=ssh,rsh,fork,slurm
(I saw this command on
http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager)

But when I want to run a MPI program like IMB with the following command:
srun -n 16 IMB-MPI1 -npmin 16 bcast
I have 16 instances of bcast with only 1 MPI process each time instead
of one instance of bcast with 16 MPI processes

I tried to configure Mpich2 with only slurm:
./configure --with-hydra-bss=slurm
But the issue is still appearing.

I don't know if it's a bug or if the command changed
Can you tell me how to use correctly Hydra with slurm ?

Thanks,
Jerome