[mpich-discuss] Question

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 24 11:46:13 CST 2010

I'm not familiar with Rocks or the GUI you're using, so I can't be sure what's going on.  One possibility is that a process other than rank 0 is expecting to be able to read stdin.  The MPI standard only requires stdin to be available on rank 0.  By "stdin" I mean being able to read input from the keyboard.

If this is the case, you'll have to modify your program to only read stdin on rank 0, then if the other processes need that data you can broadcast it from rank 0.

-d