[mpich-discuss] openSCManger fails in Windows 7 Home Premium

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Nov 20 23:11:46 CST 2010

Hi,
 I would recommend installing MPICH2 from an administrator command prompt. Please follow the steps below,

# Uninstall any existing versions of MPICH2 in your machine
# Right-click on the command prompt icon and select "Run as administrator" . This opens an admin command prompt
# Install MPICH2 using msiexec utility from the admin command prompt (Type "msiexec /i mpich2-1.3.1-win-ia32.msi" from the admin command prompt)

 Let us know if it works for you.

(PS: Note that opening a command prompt from an administrator account does not provide elevated/admin privileges.)
Regards,
Jayesh