[mpich-discuss] MPI_Gather error

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 16 12:11:23 CST 2010

Hi,
 The error usually occurs when you use the same buffer to send and receive data and don't use the MPI_IN_PLACE option (In your code pass MPI_IN_PLACE as the value of sendbuf in root.).
 You might (should) get the same error with the latest version of MPICH2 on Linux too.
 Let us know if it works for you.

Regards,
Jayesh