[mpich-discuss] seek help on mpi- mpich

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 16 09:49:38 CST 2010

Hi,

>> mpiexec -machinefile mf.txt helloCluster.exe

 If you do not specify the number of MPI processes only 1 MPI process is launched. Use the "-n" option to specify the number of MPI processes required for the job (mpiexec -n 2 -machinefile mf.txt helloCluster.exe).

>> ...when I right-click to choose "run as administrator" ...

 Which program are you referring ? Are you running all the commands from an administrator command prompt (In Vista even a user with admin privileges opens a command prompt it is not an elevated command prompt. In Vista to open an administrator/elevated command prompt right-click on the command prompt icon and select "run as administrator". Run all the commands on Vista from an administrator command prompt and see if it works)?

Regards,
Jayesh