[mpich-discuss] How to transfer a file to multiple machines?

Bill Rankin Bill.Rankin at sas.com
Mon Nov 1 08:57:46 CDT 2010

Umm, NFS perhaps?  SMB if you are using windows shares.

Do you have any sort of shared file system between the machines in question?

As for which is the "quickest", that depends on a lot of factors - file size, access patterns on each machine (do you actually read the entire file on each node, or just pieces of it?), etc.

But for the first cut, just use a shared file system and read the file "locally".

-b