[mpich-discuss] [mpich2-dev] I can not make MPI recognizes a dual core

Yessica Brinkmann yessica.brinkmann at gmail.com
Mon May 24 17:28:07 CDT 2010

Hi, Very thanks for your response.
I sorry, I now open an administrative command prompt.
Now, when I write:
smpd -start
I have the output:
OpenService failed:
El servicio especificado no existe como servicio instalado (error 1060).

When I write:
smpd -install
I have the output:
MPICH Process Manager, Argonne National Lab installed.

Now, I write:
smpd -start
I have the output:
MPICH Process Manager, Argonne National Lab failed to start.
Ya se está ejecutando una instancia de este servicio (error 1056)

And when I write:
smpd -status
I have the output:
Please specify an authentication passphrase for smpd:
I write the authentication passphrase and the system response to me:
Aborting: unable to connect to User-PC

And when I write:
mpiexec -n 2 hostname
I have the output:
Please specify an authentication passphrase for smpd:
I write the authentication passphrase and the system response to me:
Aborting: unable to connect to User-PC

I will thanks any help.
Yessica Brinkmann