[mpich-discuss] Mpi-collective abort:

Thejna Tharammal ttharammal at marum.de
Thu Aug 26 08:22:03 CDT 2010

I'm trying to run a model [CCSm, MPMD with 5 executables] on Intel xeon 64
bit cluster with 6 nodes(3Gz each,ethernet) , I use Mpi2 distributed with
pgi-7.2-5 , the model compiles without errors, but during run it shows,

1: (cpl_domain_compare) domain #1 name: atm contract domain
1: (cpl_domain_compare) domain #2 name: lnd contract domain
1: (cpl_domain_compare) domain #1 name: ocn contract domain
1: (cpl_domain_compare) domain #2 name: ice contract domain
rank 0 in job 1 xxxx_35825 caused collective abort of all ranks
exit status of rank 0: killed by signal 9

What could be the reason for this,

Thank you,

Thejna.