[mpich-discuss] debugging mpi without mpiexec -gdb

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 13 09:24:26 CDT 2010

Bill,

You cannot start a parallel program (using more than 1 process) without
mpiexec. You can try to attach a debugger to just one of the processes
using:

% mpiexec -n 1 ./foo : -n 1 ddd ./foo : -n 3 ./foo

This will attach ddd only to the second process. Other than that, I
can't think of any other good way to use a regular debugger.

  -- Pavan