[mpich-discuss] recent mailing list troubles

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 29 16:15:13 CDT 2009

There was recently a fairly large message (~15 MB) sent to mpich-
discuss@ that caused a bit of trouble for some subscribers.  Please
accept our apologies for any hassle this may have caused.

We believe we eliminated the offending message from our outbound queue
and nobody should be receiving retransmissions or getting bounce
notifications at this point.  We've also capped the maximum message
size at 2 MB to reduce the likelihood of trouble in the future.

If anyone is still experiencing trouble related to this, please
contact us at mpich-discuss-owner at mcs.anl.gov.

-Dave