[mpich-discuss] MPI problem on BGP/ZeptoOS

fjblas at arcos.inf.uc3m.es fjblas at arcos.inf.uc3m.es
Tue Jan 27 14:32:50 CST 2009

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 03:47:26PM +0100, Francisco Javier García Blas
> wrote:
>> I have a problem with ZeptoOS on BGP. Some weeks ago, I updated to the
>> last version of ZeptoOS (now I am using version the lasted version,
>> 2509). ZeptoOS kernel images look work fine all the time.
>>
>> First, I checked this new version submiting a simple mpi test (included
>> in the comm folder of ZeptoOS). It worked fine.
>>
>> My next test consisted in running a I/O job (BTIO benchmark, 64
>> processes, type B).  I found two bugs in ROMIO: the first one calling
>> MPI_Type_get_envelope primitive (the nints parameter returns a wrong
>> value in flatten.c) and the second one inside ad_write_coll.c (locked
>> into ADIOI_Calc_my_off_len).
>
> Hi Javi.  Definitely sounds like you found a bug.  did you also find
> this behavior on a linux system, or only on bluegene?
>
> ==rob
>
> --
> Rob Latham
> Mathematics and Computer Science Division    A215 0178 EA2D B059 8CDF
> Argonne National Lab, IL USA                 B29D F333 664A 4280 315B

Hi again Rob, thanks for your fast response.

This problem only appears when I launch a job in the kernel mode. If I
launch a job in the native kernel mode, all work fine (using the previous
version DCMF). So, I guess that the bug is in the DCMF library because I
use the same mpich2 version.

I'll try link my bench with the lasted compiled mpich plus the previous of
the DCMF libraries.

Thanks for all