[mpich-discuss] File I/O doesn't work with mapped network drive

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 27 10:17:21 CST 2009

Hi,
 The MPICH2 process manager is installed as a Service which runs as "Local
System". So the process manager by default cannot access the network
mapped drives (and rightly so...).

(PS: Note that an MPI job can be run on behalf of any user. A user might
want to only map the network drive relevant to the MPI job. You can also
try using the "-mapall" option which will map all the network drives.)

Regards,
Jayesh

  _____