[mpich-discuss] [MPICH2]: can't run smpd on Vista 64 bit machines

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 22 10:32:16 CST 2009

 Hi,
  In Vista you have to install/start any Service using an admin command
prompt. You can install SMPD (MPICH2 process manager which is installed as
a Service) using one of the following ways,

# Right-click on "command prompt" icon and select "run as administrator".
Type "smpd -install" from the command prompt (now running with admin
privileges).

OR

# Type "cmd" on the "start search" textbox. Press Ctrl+Shift+Enter (to
elevate privileges) to start the command prompt with admin privileges.
Type "smpd -install" from the command prompt to install SMPD.

 Let us know if it works for you.

Regards,
Jayesh