[mpich-discuss] Python 2.6 warnings

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 14 11:15:05 CST 2009

On Jan 13, 2009, at 9:03 AM, Scott Atchley wrote:

>> I take it python 2.6 no longer supports popen2 and md5.  Do you
>> have a
>> version that of mpich-mx that works with python 2.6?
>
> I checked the 1.0.8 and 1.0 branches and mpdboot is still using
> popen2 and md5. Has anyone else encountered this and/or is anyone
> working on a patch?
>
> Scott

Hi Scott,

I don't think we've run into this before anywhere.  We must all be
testing with slightly older versions of python (I'm using 2.5.1).
I'll file a ticket about this and see if I can get a patch for you
soon-ish.  In the meantime, one workaround would be to install a
separate older version of python for use with mpd.

-Dave