[mpich-discuss] -mpe=mpitrace not producing any output

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 9 11:33:51 CST 2009

-mpe=mpitrace is a simple profiling library that prints the MPI
calls to stdout.  "mpicc -mpe=mpitrace" is important only during
linking (The option does not do any anything during compilation),
it adds -ltmpe (which you are doing it by hand).  Are all your
MPI calls made in C code ?

Given you have a big code, and assuming everything is working correctly,
it will print out huge amount of text to your stdout.
BTW, Have you tried -mpe=mpilog ? It will produce logfile that you can
visualize..

A.Chan