[mpich-discuss] MPI errors with more than one communicator

Federico Golfrè Andreasi federico.golfre at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:53:37 CST 2009

The architecture is made up of 2 MPI programs (one is executed by the other
via MPI_Comm_spawn_multiple) and so two different communicator.
I noticed that if an error occurs (i.e. a node crash)  only the tasks
related to that communicator (an intra-communicator) are aborted, but the
tasks in the other communicator still wait for messages that will never
arrive.
How can I close all the tasks related to both the communicator when an error
occurs in one communicator?

Thank you,
Federico