[mpich-discuss] How to give a job alias with mpiexec

Ralph Butler rbutler at mtsu.edu
Wed Jan 7 12:57:51 CST 2009

Running:
         mpiexec -h   (or mpiexec --help)
produces several lines of output including:
         -a    # means assign this alias to the job

Below is an example.  It first runs the job via mpiexec and then shows
the
alias present in output of mpdlistjobs.  Note the use of redirection
of stdin
from /dev/null since mpiexec is run in the background.

$ mpiexec -l -a foo -n 2 sleep 11 < /dev/null &
$ mpdlistjobs
jobid    = 2 at bp400_2000
jobalias = foo
username = rbutler