[mpich-discuss] compiling 32-bit and 64-bit mpich2 applications

Rajeev Thakur thakur at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 1 23:16:01 CST 2009

You need to build the MPICH2 library separately for 32-bit and 64-bit and
install it in separate locations (via the --prefix option to configure) so
that you can invoke the right mpicxx. Before running configure, set the
environment variables CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, FFLAGS, and F90FLAGS to pass the
requisite compiler options.

Rajeev

  _____