[mpich-discuss] smpd version mismatch

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 27 12:31:23 CST 2009

 Hi,
  Looks like you have two different versions of MPICH2 installed on the
machines.
  You can find the version of the MPICH2 process manager, smpd, by typing
"smpd -version" at the command prompt. You can find the version of MPICH2
software package installed in your system by clicking on "Click here for
support information" for MPICH2 in "Add/Remove programs" (Assuming your
are using MPICH2 on windows).
  Try uninstalling MPICH2 on all the machines and re-installing the latest
stable version (1.0.8) of MPICH2 from the MPICH2 downloads page
(http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/index.php?s=dow
nloads).

Regards,
Jayesh