[mpich-discuss] Question on the Centos/RH binaries for 1.2.1

chan at mcs.anl.gov chan at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 15 14:03:32 CST 2009

I don't have access to CentOS, so can't test it for you.
For Fedora 12, I download the rpm files for
mpich2 and mpich2-devel, and install them as
"rpm -ivh mpich2*.rpm".  Here provided that
gcc/gfortran are the compilers that you can use.
If you want to use other compilers like icc/ifort...,
you need to download the source tarball and build mpich2 yourself.
Using rpm directly instead of yum has drawbacks but it
is the simplest way to install the rpm files.

A.Chan