[mpich-discuss] Question on the Centos/RH binaries for 1.2.1

Hiatt, Dave M dave.m.hiatt at citi.com
Tue Dec 15 13:25:07 CST 2009

If I may, I have a question.  I am a neophyte in terms of Linux, just setting up my first Linux node.  I have many Windows x64 XP nodes running.  But I am in great need to get a binary up and running on the Centos equivalent of RH 5.3.

I followed the URL's on the site but I don' t really understand the nomenclature for the releases.  I took the "el" to mean Enterprise editions, and the "fc" to mean the standard releases.  I have so far one box built up for Linux on the Centos RH 5.3 equivalent.  I am running x64.  I picked the 1.2.1 release version, and followed that, but do not have the Linux knowledge to decipher what the 1.; 2.; 3. meanings are and what fc1x implies.  I downloaded 1.fc13, 2.fc13, and 3.fc13 thinking they are related and should be installed in that order.  Is that correct?  Could you educate me.  Sorry for my ignorance.

Dave

"Consequences, Schmonsequences, as long as I'm rich". - Daffy Duck
Dave Hiatt
Market Risk Systems Integration
CitiMortgage, Inc.
1000 Technology Dr.