[mpich-discuss] Totalview error with MPICH2

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Mon Dec 14 07:05:55 CST 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 11:18 -0600, Yusong Wang wrote:
> "The MPI library's definition of MPIR_PROCDESC has changed"

> Is there any way to fix the problem?

I don't know but I'm interested in the problem, MPIR_PROCDESC is one of
the ways that the Runtime can communicate to a external tool the
location of processes in a job.

The standard is documented here:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpi/mpi-debug/mpich-attach.txt

where as quick google shows MPIR_PROCDESC in the MPICH2 src being
different which would indeed cause a problem.

https://svn.mcs.anl.gov/repos/mpi/mpich2/trunk/src/pm/mpd/mtv.c

I don't understand what is going on though, as far as I'm aware mpd
doesn't support this interface and no build of mpd I've seen has this
symbol in at all, despite what the source says...

Ashley,
--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk