[mpich-discuss] one more error while running

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Dec 5 21:22:32 CST 2009

Hmm.. That should not be the case. I'm running out of ideas on what you
can check. A few things you can try:

1. Delete your installation and install mpich2 from scratch at the same
location on both nodes. If you are using one of the UNIX distributions
that package mpich2 (Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian, FreeBSD, Gentoo), you can
just binary install it (using apt-get, yum, etc.).

2. Please run a non-MPI application first (such as "hostname" or "uname
-a") to make sure the process manager is setup correctly.

Btw, do both machines have identical OS stacks? That is, I hope you are
not mixing one 32-bit and one 64-bit installation.

Please let us know if either of these work for you.

 -- Pavan