[mpich-discuss] URGENT.. Passing Array..

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 3 09:52:04 CST 2009

I haven't studied your sample code, but you probably want to create
two datatypes in your program.  One to describe a column in your image
and one to describe a row in the image.  MPI_Type_vector is probably
the most straightforward way to create these types.  The MPI Standard
[1] (section 4.1.2) provides descriptions of how to use this routine,
as do many of the books out there such as "Using MPI" [2].

You can then send and receive your rows and columns using these
derived datatypes.

-Dave

[1] http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi-2.2/mpi22-report.pdf
[2] http://www.amazon.com/Using-MPI-Programming-Engineering-Computation/dp/0262571323