[mpich-discuss] mpich user problem

Yen, Joseph Joseph.Yen at jacobs.com
Tue Dec 1 17:56:49 CST 2009

Hi,

I have an mpi c++ code which has been run fine with either lam-mpi and open-mpi. Intel C++ compiler (ver 11) has been used. But I encounter the following error

Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
when the same code is compiled using mpich-2 (ver 1.2.1) and the same C++ compiler. For your information, I have been working on an AMD machine with SUSE linux OS where all the above experiences take place.

The following is the way I run the mpich2-built code and the above error results.

In a linux command prompt,

>mpd &
>mpiexec -n 16 mycode myinput
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Attempting to use an MPI routine before initializing MPICH
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Joseph

Joseph Yen, Ph.D.
Jacobs Technology
Tel: 931-393-6605
joseph.yen at jacobs.com<mailto:joseph.yen at jacobs.com>

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.